List:       kde-active
Subject:    Active Android?
From:       Joseph Anania <joseph.anania () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-06-29 14:40:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Getting Mer installed on devices and supporting hardware seems to be an uphill \
battle.  Has anyone attempted to package plasma active for android?

I know that active has been put on hold for the transition to Frameworks 5, but the \
port should make it easier to at least bring some active apps to android.  Even \
though it isn't native like KDE on windows it could be useful and keep interest in \
the project.  If there is enough interest Plasma active can expand to further Android \
integration by forking cyanogenMod  and running plasma directly on top of Android's \
userland.

By the end of this year flash storage capacity will explode when the 3D nand tech \
starts to reach consumers.  This means dependency storage space will not be such an \
                issue going forward.