List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: KDE Plasma Powered Smartphones
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-02 15:03:24

On Friday, February 28, 2014 22:24:01 jude dilanjan wrote:
> Will there be smart phones powered by KDE plasma in future? I think KDE
> should sign a partnership or a deal with an OEM to push the technology on
> to smart-phones.

In principle, I'd love to see this happen. Currently, Plasma doesn't fully
support smartphone use-cases, such as calling, sms, etc., so this would need
some work on these things, first.

Then, it seems to be not so easy to find an OEM that would like to bring
Plasma to smartphones. I'd welcome it, but I don't see it happen by itself.

Cheers,
--
sebas