List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: notice on active builds
From:       Wolfgang Romey <hier () wolfgangromey ! de>
Date:       2013-12-11 17:56:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013, 10:18:35 schrieb Marco Martin:
> On Monday 09 December 2013, talmage@onespeeddave.com wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 2013 5:23 AM, Marco Martin <notmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > brief communication: pa installations should be updated (with a big, big
> > > update) because the build flags of kdelibs changed: we ditched the
> > > mobile profile in favor or a more traditional build.
> >
> > After the update on my WeTab/ExoPC, both KDE Daemon and Plasma Workspace
> > crash. It happens before wireless networking comes up, so I can't load
> > debugging symbols for a useful bug report.
>
> btw, i tested that a fresh image seems to work (will publish one shortly) so
> it suggests that somehow not all packages were updated?
I tested a few things:

- i started the latest image in virtualbox. I came up well and seemed to work.
Then I installed it. It started, but i had no network connection which was
there in the live image. The activities had no backgrounds. When I tried to
add a background, PA crashed and made virtualbox crash to.

- Then I downloaded the image from 03.09.2013. THe live image started. After
the installation it would not start.

- So i downloaded the iso from 29.09.2013. It started after the installation.
So I updated it. The result were the same crashed as before after the first
update of my current installation of PA in virtualbox.

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Romey

 Anhänge bitte nur in offenen Formaten wie z.B. die OpenDocument-Formate

Diese E-mail ist signiert