List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Files-Folders-owncloud-PA5
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-10-30 20:30:24

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 20:29:48 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2013-10-29, 23:47:43, Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> > That struck me as well. I've tried to fix it some time ago, but it real=
ly
> > is not that easy technically. The synching library and owncloud itself =
is
> > folder- based, changing that would need very intrusive changes to the
> > system. I'm not in a position to do that.
> =

> Couldn't it work with something like:
> - creating a temp dir
> - symlinking or hardlinking the respective files into it
> - sync
> - delete links
> - copy remaining files (new in sync)
> - remove empty temp dir

Possibly, but would I feel really dirty about doing it? Certainly yes.

The nice thing about the sync process is that it's event-driven, you add a =

file in one of the synched locations, sync starts shortly after that. No =

polling for the local filesystem.

Also, the other way round isn't addressed by it.

If you (or anyone else) want to give it a try, be my guest... :)
-- =

sebas