List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Feedback to the Dot story
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2013-09-05 15:35:40

On 05.09.2013 17:05, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> It's not my call, but it isn't yours, either.
>
> Yes, Thomas, it is my call in this case.
>
> We all provide input, even across boundaries of expertise, but this is no=
t a
> democracy. It isn=92t a dictatorship, either. It is a participation based
> meritocracy within which we have different roles and responsibilities wit=
hin
> the over all effort.
>
> This particular matter is not your responsibility.
>
> Nobody micromanages your usability testing, guideline creation or your wo=
rk on
> bugs.kde.org for PA. People provide input, but you have a very free hand =
in
> these things. Please show others the same consideration.

I'd say it's Carl's call then, isn't it? He asked for input. I gave my =

input (stating why I would not call it polished), you and others =

provides yours, and Carl stated why he considers "polished" to be the =

right word and I assume he will keep it in, which is fine with me =

because you're right, Carl is the marketing person, it's his =

responsibility and he's good at it.

> What I=92m trying to get across here is that this discussion is bordering=
 on the
> absurd, which is why I=92d really, really appreciate on both a teammate a=
nd a
> personal level if you could somehow find a way to just edit this one aspe=
ct of
> your personal opinion related to release communication.

It may be a bit difficult for me at times to clearly distinguish between =

personal opinion and facts (like the fact that Smart TVs and set-top =

boxes are not touch devices), but I'll try.

>> To me it's similar with bugs: I may have annoyed you and Marco and
>> possible others as well when I insisted on several bugs being fixed
>> before release.
>
> this is not the same thing in the least, and i know that if you think abo=
ut it
> for a moment or two that you=92ll know that too.

With regards to release communication, it isn't that's true. I meant =

more of a general "Reminding people that there are still a lot of quirks =

to iron out", but since we're talking about a dot article here, it is =

indeed something different.