List:       kde-active
Subject:    discourse and usernames
From:       Giorgos Tsiapaliokas <terietor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-13 18:10:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

right now for the usernames in discourse we spit the email of the person,
so if we have the email foo@gmail.com the username in discourse will
be foo, but this has the issue that if two users have the emails
foo@gmail.com and foo@yahoo.com the first one will end up with the username
foo and the second one won't be able to login(no account will be created).

So we need something else, if we have the user with
firstname: foo
lastname: bar
email: foo@kde.org

the possible solutions are foo_bar, foobar yes this means that we *can't*
have as usernames the 'foo bar' and 'foo@kde.org'.
I guess the desired solution would be to have 'foo@kde.org' as a username,
since
in the bodega-server we auth with the email. I have written a patch which
allows us
to have as usernames the emails, basically I just changed the regular
expression which
validates the username I will try to get it merged in the discourse. If the
patch goes in I guess problem solved but if it doesn't? Do we want another
custom patch?

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)

terietor.org