List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: PA4
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2013-07-30 13:35:49

On 30.07.2013 11:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, July 29, 2013 17:49:30 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> On Friday 26 July 2013 19:56:06 Marco Martin wrote:
>>> Another one, usual place:
>>> http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.iso
>>> made from
>>> http://makeplaylive.com/~notmart/plasma-active-i586.ks
>>>
>>> as you can see from the ks there is still an home repo that patches some
>>> stuff, but this seems getting there:
>>> it's using fixed releases of mer and nemo (from june), so we should hav=
e a
>>> solid ground under out feet.
>>>
>>> the importnant thing to see if it gets consistently installed correctly=
 on
>>> some different devices and/or vms
>>
>> I put this image onto a USB drive (via SUSE Studio Image Writer, like I
>> always do) but my Wetab won't boot from it. It does boot from the RC ima=
ge
>> from July 7th, but not from this one. Maybe it doesn't contain that spec=
ial
>> information that tells the Wetab that this is a recovery USB stick?
>
> Marco is back later in the week (taking a well earned break) and we=92ll =
put out
> a final image once he=92s back ... in any case, the last image actually w=
orked
> for me here, but I don=92t know if it was that latest image.

Could you (or someone else) please test the latest image on a Wetab? =

That way i could be sure if it's a problem of the image or just my setup =

(Wetab, USB stick, whatever) that's causing this.
Does "final image" mean "Release image" or "Last RC"? I hope it's the =

latter, because there still has no proper testing been taking place.

> We have a series of =93how to do releases=94 meetings coming up in the ne=
xt couple
> of weeks, including one with the Mer people, and a focus will be to docum=
ent
> the step-by-step release rolling plan .. including having a uniquely
> identifiable label on each and every image put out there for testing.

Great, this is very important stuff! Will the dates for those meeting be =

posted so others can join? As quality coordinator, I might have a stake =

in these topics as well.

Can we please also please have a meeting within the PA team to go over =

open bugs and decide which ones should be fixed/worked around before =

release, like we did last time? Thanks!