List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Nexus 7 images
From:       Ruediger Gad <r.c.g () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-06-06 18:08:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 06/06/2013 06:14 PM, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 06 June 2013, Daniel Kreuter wrote:
> >
> > > work on other things?
> >
> > The benefit of opengl would be a better performance because the rendering
> > would happen on the GPU instead of the CPU. What would be nice to know is
> > why opengl isn't working on pa.
>
> for qgraphicsview, not really (that's why screnegraph in qml2 exists)

Afaik, there is much work on the plasma/KDE graphics engine anyhow, right?

Anyway, it is interesting that the UI comes up with opengl at all. Some
months ago it died already in a very early stage.
In the log file I sent one error repeated very often:
kwinactive(554)/kwin KWin::checkGLError: GL error ( PostPaint ):
"GL_INVALID_OPERATION"

Btw. I just uploaded a rootfs tarball that includes the fix:
http://files.kde.org/plasma/active/3.0/images/nexus7/plasma-active-armv7hl-google-nexus7-devel-mer-latest-2013-06-06.tar.gz.mirrorlist

--
http://ruedigergad.com

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]