List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: ktp Active packaged?
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-03 8:40:25

On Friday 03 May 2013 00:05:27 David Edmundson wrote:

> 1) Is it wanted?
> =

> There are other open source QML IM clients out there already. Some
> based on the same backend as us too.
>  - meego-app-im
>  - Whatever Ubuntu are working on
>  - Peregrine

that's mostly a call of whoever will want to work on it or not,
howeveer I would rather prefer this over any of the others, since this woul=
d =

be the only one that integrates correct=F2y with the rest of the platform, =
(and =

some of the others don't look much alive at the moment)

> 2) Will you be deploying WebAccounts?
> =

> If we use web accounts, then we don't have to port our own account
> config. It also means we can use the same authentication code we have
> on the desktop as by using Accounts-SSO we won't hit any QWidget code.
> It saves porting two large components.

yes, we definitely want to use those unified accounts on active too in the =

future

Cheers,
Marco Martin