List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: need help starting kde plasma-mobile
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-04-29 20:19:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sat, April 27, 2013 09:06:54 Paul S wrote:
> i'm trying to start a kdesrc-build built plasma-mobile from 27apr13 git,
> built on debian linux using kdesrc-build from a mix of local libs and kde
> 4.10.2 stable branch. kde runs well, but plasma won't start. I've included
> below the 3 scripts used to start "plasma-device" and set the environment
> and the .xsessions-error log that results. Please help.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I've been pretty busy.

Judging from the .xsession-errors, there's a lot of "unversioned plugin
detected" warnings, which might indicate that Plasma is still finding some
incompatible plugins that are not from the kdesrc-build installation of Plasma
Active.

It may be as simple as incorrect environment variable settings or a module
that needs to be compiled and installed. E.g. for the desktop version of
Plasma it's usually good to build kdeplasma-addons in addition to stuff like
kde-workspace and kdelibs.

It's also advisable to use "startactive" instead of plasma-device, if you're
trying to use the full Plasma Active environment. Aaron Seigo mentioned this
in an email today, which might be a useful step to try as well.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne