List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: pa on nexus 7 and now?
From:       Daniel Kreuter <daniel.kreuter85 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-25 17:29:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Aaron,
Am 25.02.2013 17:47 schrieb "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo@kde.org>:

> On Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:16:50 Daniel Kreuter wrote:
> > How can I switch my pa3 to current master or integration without the
need
> > of building a new image?
>
> What we really need is a Nexus 7 image with the current Plasma Active
packages
> on it that can be installed; PA3 is good, but for development the current
> state of things would be more useful. in-place online upgrade from an
> installed PA3 to current devel is not tested at this point, so i am
hesitant
> to suggest changing the zypper repos and doing a pull ......

Since I'm using multirom for all foreign os other than the internal
android, a pull would be worse a try, if it breaks I can simply remove it
and reinstall it (and since its quite unasable because most input fieldss
loose focus when you type on the virtual keyboard this won't be such a
problem.

> > How can I get my bugfixes to my device, wouild Qt Creator 2.7 work with
> > remote devices like it' done with Ubuntu Touch?
>
> I haven't tested it, but Qt Creator should be able to connect over ssh
(when
> sshd is enabled, which is something that now exists in the Settings app,
but
> that is also post-PA3 ...).
>
> the Nexus 7 images are being done by Ruediger (who i've cc'd on this
email).
> perhaps step 1 would be to get more people helping Ruediger with that so
we
> can get a devel based i mage available.

When I even knew how to build roms for multirom, I could help in spreading
pa devel images by providing this rom. But until now I didn't find a guide
on how to do it (I only have a template for the multirom installer, that's
all)

So long