List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Packaging of Calligra for PA
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-02-16 2:21:09

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 13:25:39 schrieb Sebastian K=FCgler:
> On Monday, February 11, 2013 22:42:08 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > 1. Step: Packaging setup
> > =

> > What do you recommend to me to try & test the packaging?
> > =

> > I have available:
> > * ExoPC (as spread by Intel on the Berlin DesktopSummit)
> > * 64-bit desktop computer running OpenSuse Tumbleweed with some cores to
> > use

Reached the state where I can do packaging:
1. Installed Mer SDK
2. Revived my MeeGo.com account (password of course forgotten, and the serv=
er =

did not sent out the new one for a few days, but at least today finally)
3. Setup OSC locally
4, Checkout Project:KDE:Devel calligra
5. Build packages locally with
   osc build --no-verify Mer_Core-next_CE_UX_PlasmaActive_i586 i586

So far everything worked :)
(modulo try & error bumping on the way to get there, but no animals or huma=
ns =

were hurt, minimal data loss, like when accidentally untaring the SDK tarba=
ll =

in the own home directory, doh)

Notes are taken and will be added to the wiki, once I am sure of the proces=
s.

Now the next questions:
1. Is the YAML file or the spec file used? (any good intro into YAML?)
2. How is review done for spec/yaml changes?
3. Is there a way to run the PA shell from inside the Mer SDK and test the =

locally created packages, with Xephyr or similar?

Cheers & Good night
Friedrich