List:       kde-active
Subject:    Activity encryption (was: activities save and restore)
From:       Ivan =?utf-8?B?xIx1a2nEhw==?= <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-12-20 20:24:50

> (to me even raises another question about if we still want to keep the
> activity encryption since isa basically unmaintained, not used and can't
> work reliably due how nepomuk works)

This is something I was planning to bring up as well.

While I *really* like the idea of the encrypted activities feature, there are
big issues with it.

I don't know whether it should be removed, rethought (for both the desktop and
active) or something totally different.

What I do know is that it brought a lot of complexity to kamd that would
otherwise be totally unnecessary, but it also brought some other nice things
as side-effect (activity-dedicated directories).

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
So much complexity in software comes from trying to make
one thing do two things.