List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Stability of Devel repos
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2012-11-24 20:44:50

On Saturday 24 November 2012 16:21:54 Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> On Friday, November 23, 2012 14:06:24 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > That's why I'm thinking if maybe it makes more sense to not build our
> > Devel
> > packages from Git every day, but keep the latest stable versions and on=
ly
> > build from Git if we actually depend on newer code. I don't know if tha=
t's
> > technically feasible, but it would make it easier to see whether bugs w=
ere
> > caused by us or not.
> =

> It might not be what we want: If something in devel breaks, and we don't =
do
> regular updates from that, we'll just see the breakager later. The point =
of
> the devel repo is not that it's usable, but to reveal problems.

Okay, I understand that.
And as Marco said, we'll switch to the 4.10 branch of KDE SC as soon as it =

exists, because that's the one PA4 will depend on. Makes sense.

So that means that we should report bugs caused by other components of KDE =
SC =

upstream as soon as possible and hope they'll be fixed before the 4.10 rele=
ase?
Is it okay if I still report bugs in Active unless I know which =

component/project/product they're caused by, and then you'll report them to =

the appropriate project? Most of the time I'd probably not know where to =

report them anyway.

> We used the testing repo for the "sync once in a while but only when thin=
gs
> mostly work" case.

Sure. I thought that with our "always stable master", Master would yield a =

stable image, but of course that only means that our own repos are stable a=
nd =

bugs in kde* affect us even with our stable Master. =

As you can see, I'm still learning all that stuff ;)