List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: Typography HIG
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-19 15:06:25

On Monday 19 November 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, November 19, 2012 13:45:42 Sebastian K=FCgler wrote:
> > In general I'd like to see font size used as primary means for
> > distinction between levels, bold font usage should be reduced to an
> > absolute minimum
> =

> on smaller screens, a benefit of using bold rather than larger font sizes
> is you get more compact presentations.
> =

> in any case, i think we should focus on how we implement this so that it =
is
> consistent across Plasma Active and then try out various approaches and
> measure how they work in practice.

i would agree on preferring font size as distinction.

what needs to happen is probably this be controllable by the theme, so a th=
eme =

for smaller screens may switch to bold instead of bigger font

ideally, you should just be able to ask to Theme the "header level 1" font =
or =

other conexts like that, then in the app no references to style or size =

whatsoever should be there

Cheers, =

Marco Martin