List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Vivaldi-Tablet
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-11-13 11:04:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:18:52 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Makes it sense to fund the PengPod-Tablet (http://www.pro-

Unfortunately, PengPod is not going to produce a reasonable Plasma Active
experience without some serious work by the purchaser. As can be seen in the
demo videos when they launch Plasma Active, it is a non-integrated and rather
broken installation of plasma-device from the plasma-mobile repository. So
while it will certainly be *capable* of running Plasma Active, it is not
shipped in that state.

I also can not speak to the GPL compliance of the device (just to make that
clear). Just last week, I discovered that another "fully open" tablet was
(unintentionally) violating the GPL with binary only kernel modules, so this
is common even when the people behind the device mean well.

--
Aaron J. Seigo