List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Feedback to new Files startup screen - and a case for showing all file types
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-11-13 10:54:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday, November 12, 2012 14:51:18 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Still I think a UI consisting of mostly empty space until you select
> something is rather confusing, so I think what we should show is something
> that tells the user "Choose a criterion by which to search and I'll show
> you the results". Even just putting a message "Select a filter criterion on
> the right or enter a search term above" in the main area which disappears
> as soon as something is tapped/entered would be better than nothing. Or

Marco and I considered this, actually, and after playing around with how to do
it in reality ... decided against it for being too messy / ugly.

Still doing research (will let you know once I have sth; handy to have a
pschologist in the house who works in a dpt with lots of behaviorial psych
research going on ;), though I suspect that if we get the "start from any
criterion" part working, we may have (at least the start of) a decent
solution.

--
Aaron J. Seigo