List:       kde-active
Subject:    Enabling UMTS on Archos G9 in Plasma Active
From:       Maurice de la Ferte <Maurice.Ferte () basyskom ! com>
Date:       2012-10-26 11:30:40

Hi all,

we added 3G/UMTS support to our latest Archos Gen9 Plasma Active devel and testing \
images. Great thanks to Ruediger Gad who did this work and also published accurate \
dokumentation about on \
http://ruedigergad.com/2012/10/07/enabling-umts-on-archos-g9-in-plasma-active/#more-566

Latest weekly Testing and Devel images should already contain all needed parts to get \
the external Archos 3G UMTS stick running out of the box:

http://share.basyskom.com/plasma-active/archos_gen9.html

Also If you like to try it out on a previous installed release image, just do \
following steps in 'Konsole' application:

mer@device# su
root@device# zypper ar -f \
http://repo.pub.meego.com/Project:/KDE:/Mer_Extras:/Adaptation:/Archos-gen9/Project_KDE_Trunk_Testing_0.20120816.1_armv7l/ \
Archos_gen9_testing root@device# zypper refresh
root@device# zypper up

Please note, a kernel update to the flash is mandatory to get the 3G/UMTS support \
working.

Sadly for lack of this stick I'm not able to verify it on my own, but I cannot find \
any regressions yet. Feedback would be very nice, so we can make this update \
available to release image repository.

Cheers,

Maurice