List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Plasma Active Three end of August
From:       Yannick Kiekens <yannickkiekens () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-08 18:16:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> 1) Activity switcher does not work by strange side effects of pvr driver,
> the activity switcher
>    on omapfb image works fine.
>
> 2) Power-management was disabled on pvr image as work around to prevent
> trouble after suspend.
>    On omapfb image the power-management is working.

I did test the omapfb image:

1) the activity switcher showed activities, but adding an activity or
changing the settings of the existing activities locked up the activity
edit screen
2) omapfb image got stuck in a loop: it said it wanted to lock the screen,
but went to sleep state instead. No way to get out the cycle. Reinstalling
the image and trying to locking/sleep these things in active settings
didn't work.

As I am trying to develop an active app, i prefer the pvr image, no power
management is better than malfunctioning power management. But these issues
should be discussed in a bugtracker.

What I really want to say here is:
bugs.kde.org is rather overwhelming for someone not involved. And I really
want to get involved getting such issues revloved. I work with Qt on debian
x86 at work. Some good documentation and/or guidance should get me going.