List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Installing plasma active (PA) on Balsam Professional 	fails
From:       Peter Mui <petermui () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-26 13:52:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Bogdan:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:17:39 +0200
> From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@gmail.com>
> To: active@kde.org
> Subject: Installing plasma active (PA) on Balsam Professional fails
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to setup a development environent for PA using an ExoPC tablet.
> The only way till now was to install the Meego based image, but this solution
> is not appropriate for development since the repositories are scarce in
> packages.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have PA running on the EXOPC \
under Kubuntu and it's working just fine as far as I can tell. I downloaded the \
Kubuntu Active image here > \
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu-active/releases/12.04/release/

My EXOPC is actually booting five operating systems off the 64Gb SSD right now, so \
it's a pretty good development environment (smile): MeeGo/Wetab, Ubuntu (Unity and \
Gnome), Kubuntu (PA), Windows 8 Release Preview (Metro UI), and Android x-86.  I \
wrote this article outlining the general guidelines on how to get the EXOPC to \
multi-boot http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2011/07/07/creating-multi-boot-exopc-tablet

HTH, -Peter