On Friday 18 May 2012 21:47:01 Marco Martin wrote: > On Friday 18 May 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote: > > Hi Marco, > > > > On Thursday 17 May 2012 17:47:15 Marco Martin wrote: > > > packaging is fixed, unfortunately at the moment it still have to be > > > launched from the shell with active-documentviewer pdfpath > > > > Just tried it out. Although it might be a bit early for feedback at this > > stage, here's my first impression anyways: > > - The search function with highlighting within the grid is awesome! > > Although being able to step through results may still be necessary at some > > point, this is great for an overview of which page might most likely be > > the one you were looking for. Great feature! :) > > unfortunately seems a bit slow, we'll see if usable enough ;) The actual search and display of the highlights in the grid seems fast enough. However when I navigate to a page from the search results, the performance drops big time. Something about the highlighting withing the normal page view seems to slow it down a lot. > seems some unnecessary painting is still happening, especially when zoomed > in (may require yet another level of pixmap caching) Scrolling and flipping pages is a lot faster now. Feels pretty good! Zooming is still quite slow, though. > > - Unless the document is wider than the screen, it should not pan > > horizontally, as this is very irritating while scrolling (you usually > > don't > > move your finger _exactly_ vertically while scrolling) > > but in that case the problem would be that is not possible to switch page by > horizontal swipe.. Now that the page does not move sideways while scrolling down if it fits the page, scrolling works a lot better. Great work! > > - The swiping distance required to trigger a page flip should be reduced > > (I > > noticed this recently in Images as well). Finding a good value there is > > very difficult. I found that e.g. in tabletReader the distance was too > > short, which frequently caused accidental page flips. However currently in > > Okular Active and Images, you have to swipe really long to flip a page / > > change switch to another picture, which feels a bit cumbersome Flipping pages feels better as well. However I still quite often swipe too little so the page snaps back into place rather than switching. Also a few times I had to look at the page content to see if it actually switched or not. The animations of a page snapping back when it wasn't flipped and the actual flipping seem a bit hard to differentiate sometimes. Notice that the fact that I'm already talking about UX details is usually a good sign, because that means that the basics already work well and we are on the way from good to great experience! Keep up the good work, Thomas _______________________________________________ Active mailing list Active@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/active