List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Re: share-like-connect icons
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2012-02-23 10:28:58

On Thursday 23 February 2012 10:27:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, February 23, 2012 00:19:38 Bugs Bane wrote:
> > After seeing Aaron's blog post, my first reaction was "Thank $DIETY! Those
> :
> :)
> :
> > Feedback welcome!

First of all: Thank you for working on this! We ourselves have known for a
long time that we needed to get new icons, we just hadn't found anyone to do
them yet.

> on at least some devices, there is a hardware home key. so we can imagine
> the panel without the house in some cases, though i do like the difference
> in style between the home and slc icons, however.

It does make sense to set these icons apart visually, yes. But we'd still need
a new home icon. It's just way too detailed, which stands out even more next
to the proposed SLC icons.

> if i imagine the panel without the power button, then we still have 3 very
> different styles going on. the icons on the left and the SLC icons should
> match in some way. if we go this direction for SLC, then it would be nice
> to see a matching set of SVG icons for the tray icons (battery, sound,
> network, usb, bluetooth?)

I agree that three styles is too much. And I think the space between the tray
and SLC icons is enough to set them apart, they should not also have different
styles.

Cheers,
Thomas