List:       kde-active
Subject:    Package retrieving abstractions
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-02-20 11:40:31

Hi Active'rs!
Because of my day job, I've been recently working in Muon (an apt frontend),
trying to make it a good solution for software lookup and managing for
Netrunner [1].

After some time, we realized that it would be really interesting to extend our
installing capabilities further than just software, so our logical step was to
implement OCS both server and client-side.

Last week you announced that you'll also have some system for retrieving the
data too, so I was curious about what systems/protocols you'll be using
because it seems like we can also pull from your repositories too.

Well, anyway. Can you please tell me about what's being used?

Cheers!
Aleix

[1] http://www.netrunner-os.com