List:       kde-active
Subject:    TabBox based window strip
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-11-27 16:13:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

as promised I spent some time on the TabBox based window strip and it looks
good :-)

I pushed everything done so far into branch kwin/tabbox-window-strip on kde-
workspace [1]. What's still missing is the X Atom integration, but it has DBus
integration.

How to use: check out the branch, compile, edit kwinrc
[TabBox]
LayoutName=window_strip

restart kwin: kwin --replace &
Now Alt+Tab will use the window_strip QML layout and can be used as known.

And now to the fun stuff:
qdbus org.kde.kwin /TabBox start false

which starts TabBox in non-modal mode (that means KWin does not eat all click
events). You can flick around, close windows and click on an item to select it
and TabBox goes away.

Feedback welcome.

If you want to try on active, remember to change the build flags. TabBox used
to be excluded as not used.

Cheers
Martin

[1]: http://commits.kde.org/kde-
workspace/e53aa9d4c3a4dacfafe3c318a76b342605b31eb1