List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Startactive
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-24 17:23:56

On Thursday 24 November 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> i don't think (b) will ever really go away until workspace and libs are
> "done" enough for PA (not even sure what that would mean tbh :)
>
> i'd much, much rather see plasma-mobile have a "never frozen master" with a
> proper implementation and following the feature branches stragegy (which we
> mostly do already), and then we can branch off N times a year for
> translations and releases without impacting mainline development of PA.

yes, i would really love a never frozen master (and maybe even no releases at
all, the ideal is to have devices that ship whatever is the latest always
stable)

this would probably be something that comes with the migration to frameworks5,
i would like to have a pa3 with a 6 months cycle in which are done mostly
applications,the dreaded resource explorer etc, while the workspace gets just
mostly fixed and then go to frameworks5/qml2 etc. it would have a first
release when the port is completed enough, and then ethernal stable

--
Marco Martin