List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Re: active boot time traces, some time later..
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2011-11-23 22:16:50

On Wednesday 23 November 2011 22:41:28 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > removing that if it gets a *lot* better, but still slow managing
> > > input
> > > events with the touchscreen
> > >
> > > and only with the touchscreen as odd it can seem, and there are
> > > other
> > > touchscreen specific bugs that happens only on meego that make the
> > > on
> > > screen keyboard quite tricky to use.
> >
> > I'm confused here: Do the Meego-specific problems only concern Meego or
> > Mer as well?
> > If they concern Meego only, we should not bother fixing them, as we'll
> > be
> > switching to Mer anyways, right?
>
> i still not tested mer a lot since we still are not to an easily installable
> image.
> there are many unknowns there since on mer basically the whole stack is more
> recent, mesa, kernel and qt.
>
> so uhm.. we'll see ;)

I just got the info that Meego will be dropped by us (since it's abandoned) as
soon as we have images ready for Mer, so I just thought it won't make sense to
invest any more time in Meego.
Maybe we should postpone the Meego-specific problems to when the Mer images
are ready and then test if they apply there as well? Might save us some
unnecessary work...