List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: active boot time traces, some time later..
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-23 20:33:58

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin wrote:

> given that I broke my PA installation by having the great idea of updating
> to openSUSE 12.1 I could give meego a try again and look myself.
> =

> But I fear that the issue is that the Intel graphics are just not capable
> of doing OpenGL 2 decently. There is a reason why we default to OpenGL 1
> for Intel on the desktop... I know we have one slow code path in the
> fragment shader which doesn't matter on decent hardware, but might matter
> on not so good hardware. The slow code path is an if-statement in the
> fragment shader. Yes a simple branch which is evaluated to false most of
> the time.

removing that if it gets a *lot* better, but still slow managing input even=
ts =

with the touchscreen

and only with the touchscreen as odd it can seem, and there are other =

touchscreen specific bugs that happens only on meego that make the on scree=
n =

keyboard quite tricky to use.

> =

> > ..or find a way to enable again compositing with xrender
> =

> that's trivial: open kde-workspace/kwin/CMakeLists.txt read through the
> first few lines and change an OFF to ON :-)

yep, re enabler xrender and this can indeed be the plan b, it runs so much =

faster that isn't even funny (and there no difference between touchscreen a=
nd =

mouse).

Cheers,
Marco Martin