List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: active boot time traces, some time later..
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-23 17:20:40

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin wrote:
> Yes, TabBox can render thumbnails which makes it possible to use TabBox f=
or
> window strip. The "difficult" part is to control the TabBox from external.
> I have a patch floating around to make TabBox working without holding
> "Alt" key and we need to pass the atoms. I'm thinking there of two atoms:
> * _KDE_TABBOX_STICKY: to mark the shell as first item in list
> * _KDE_TABBOX_CONTROL_REGION: to sync panel with the TabBox
> =

> Both requires small changes in TabBox, so it's probably really too late f=
or
> PA2.

wouldn't be good to give a window id on which sticking the tabbox to?
in this way its position would be updated automatically

> > i can give a try, but given how much workspace is already changed and h=
ow
> > much we're struggling to get things working again i don't know if it's
> > wise
> =

> I try to schedule it for this weekend (given that screen locker is in a
> state that I don't want to work on it any more :-P I am free for something
> new)

on the screen locker good job, the mega patch seems to work very well in =

active now ;) (hopefully shouldn't fallback anymore to the old lockscreen f=
rom =

which is impossible to get out)

unfortunately right now the really big showstopper is the slowness of kwin =

gles on meego. i fear if we won't be able to ship kde-workspace master  wit=
h =

pa2 if it won't get solved...
..or find a way to enable again compositing with xrender

-- =

Marco Martin