List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: gles speed on meego
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-22 10:16:23

On Monday 21 November 2011, Martin Gr=E4=DFlin wrote:
> On Monday 21 November 2011 16:08:20 martin brook wrote:
> > I noticed that on N950 it was falling back (or never automatically
> > detected GLES) to Xrender.
> > =

> > You can use systemssettings and check what is being used.
> =

> Just for the record: systemsettings does not show what is used but only
> what is configured. There is no way to figure out what is used except for
> starting kwin from command line as Thomas explained. I have been working
> on a DBus call to query what is used, but forgot to commit...
> =

> My personal test is the cube effect - if it works I use OpenGL. To test
> OpenGL 2 I tend to use either Sphere, Cylinder or Invert effect.

they don't seem to be built at all in the mobile profile.

another very weird thing is that when interacting with a mosue all gets fas=
ter =

than with a touch screen (while there are no differences with effects =

disabled)

does something happens to effects before they get on a window?

-- =

Marco Martin