List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: RFC: remove resources feature is missing
From:       Javier Llorente <Javier.Llorente () basyskom ! de>
Date:       2011-11-01 14:29:25

------=_Part_55134_782249632.1320157765111

=C2=A0

On 28 October 2011 at 16:40 Carl Symons <carlsymons@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar@autistici.org>
> wrote:
> > > here there are 2 things: unconnectiong a resource from an activity and
> > this
> > > is
> > > possible already trough the context menu
> >
> > Well this seems to be more of a usability problem to me. We have remove=
> > the "Add to current activity" / "Disconnect from current activity" (don=
't
> > remember
> > the exact wording) menu items in favor of the more general activity lis=
> > so
> > users can directly add to or remove from any activity, but it seems tha=
> > this
> > does not work intuitively for adding to / removing from the current
> > activity.
>
> Removing resources from Activities is not intuitively obvious. Adding
> to an Activity works fine with the + button (Although some of the
> people who jump right in mistake that sequence for an app launcher).
> Removing is not clear. In fact, I was not aware that there was a
> remove function before reading this message. Now it seems obvious.
[...]IMO, the menu for removing bookmarks and images/documents/other resour=
ces
should be the same for consistency.
=C2=A0
Cheers,
Javier
------=_Part_55134_782249632.1320157765111

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" \

  <head>
    <title></title>
  </head>

      On 28 October 2011 at 16:40 Carl Symons &lt;carlsymons@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<br \
/>  <br />
       &gt; On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:22 AM, Thomas Pfeiffer \
                &lt;colomar@autistici.org&gt; wrote:<br />
       &gt; &gt;&gt; here there are 2 things: unconnectiong a resource from an \
activity and<br />  &gt; &gt; this<br />
       &gt; &gt;&gt; is<br />
       &gt; &gt;&gt; possible already trough the context menu<br />
       &gt; &gt;<br />
       &gt; &gt; Well this seems to be more of a usability problem to me. We have \
                removed<br />
       &gt; &gt; the &quot;Add to current activity&quot; / &quot;Disconnect from \
current activity&quot; (don&#39;t<br />  &gt; &gt; remember<br />
       &gt; &gt; the exact wording) menu items in favor of the more general activity \
list<br />  &gt; &gt; so<br />
       &gt; &gt; users can directly add to or remove from any activity, but it seems \
that<br />  &gt; &gt; this<br />
       &gt; &gt; does not work intuitively for adding to / removing from the \
current<br />  &gt; &gt; activity.<br />
       &gt;<br />
       &gt; Removing resources from Activities is not intuitively obvious. Adding<br \
                />
       &gt; to an Activity works fine with the + button (Although some of the<br />
       &gt; people who jump right in mistake that sequence for an app launcher).<br \
                />
       &gt; Removing is not clear. In fact, I was not aware that there was a<br />
       &gt; remove function before reading this message. Now it seems obvious.<br />
       [...]

images/documents/other resources should be the same for consistency.</p>

------=_Part_55134_782249632.1320157765111--