Let me reiterate the reasons why we decided to do our own browser: There's no good, Free, touch-friendly alternative for us. Fennec for example is still very young On Thursday, October 27, 2011 19:20:34 Marco Martin wrote: > the biggest thing that we would lose are: > * central bookmarks > * SLC integration > * any possibility to do recommendations based on sites visited * Cookie sharing across * Shared verification of SSL certificates * Bookmark integration with the shell * system-wide proxy settings * UI consistency with the rest of the shell The list goes on like this. We looked at alternatives some time ago, but the work any other browser needed is not a lot less. Also, having our own browser makes it possible to integrate this really central application in our UX as well as possible. I still think it's the right decision, but more manpower on the browser would surely not hurt. -- sebas http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 _______________________________________________ Active mailing list Active@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/active