List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Re: lockscreen and splash screen
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-09-27 16:12:18

On Tuesday 27 September 2011 17:47:04 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I finally made work out of the box the new qml splash screen and the lock
> > screen on the meego image, so here are some instructions, hoping it will be
> > easy enough to adapt it to the opensuse image as well.
>
> by the way, now everything stats unlocked (don't know what would exactly take
> to make it start locked, but unlocked is fine)
very simple, I have the code ready for kwin master (don't know whether I have pushed \
it). It adjusts startkde to trigger  that KWin starts locked. And it's just an \
variable which needs to be passed to startkde script. Unfortunately it disables the  \
login screen. That's something I want to look into for desktop, too as I think it's \
bad to be able to unlock KWin before  anything is actually started.

> when it should get locked?
> i guess when it comes out of sleep (as it was modified) makes sense, it should
> also have some kind of timeout, like old screensavers, how this can be done?
Just use it as a blank screensaver. It should trigger this screensaver (calling the \
dbus method lock() on  org.freedesktop.screensaver starts the lock), but I have not \
tested this yet (who needs screensavers?).

Cheers
Martin