List:       kde-active
Subject:    getting images together for 1.0
From:       aseigo () kde ! org (Aaron J !  Seigo)
Date:       2011-09-01 14:14:17

On Wednesday, August 31, 2011 20:54:39 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 August 2011 19:36:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 31, 2011 17:06:51 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > >  Okay, I see I used the wrong term here. Usecase of course means
> > >  something
> > >  different to an engineer since it is a defined term in engineering. ;)
> > >  What I meant was actually something different, something broader.
> > >  Let's call them "usage scenario" then.
> >
> > ah .. "user stories" .. yeah, we have generated a few of those in the
> > past.
> > doing another round of them and thereby refresing our goals for PA-Two
> > would be quite good.
>
> I see, now we're on the same page :) Are those user stories still available
> somehwere?

i believe they are; but i need to go find them. will get back to you when i do
(or look and fail to find them ;) .. unless someone else finds them first.

> I'd like to have a look at them so I know what I can expect as a
> user from the first release ;)

sure thing...

> > doing that would lead us to, i'm afraid, recreating the "application
> > buckets" of Honeycomb and iPad. since 'running applications to read news,
> > talk to friends and play games' isn't a very hard concept to grasp, more
> > interesting to me is what people would _like_ to use their tablets for
> > (including that which they perhaps haven't yet realized is possible to
> > expect from them).
>
> +1000.
> I just slipped back to the innovation-blocking "do what the user wants",
> sorry for that.

no worries; it's what we're here for, to keep each other on that precarious
ballance between "practical" and "dreaming". :)

> > there are going to be a lot more holes for us to fill, and seeing what
> > people are using most right now on their tablets would be highly useful.
>
> Agreed, we should do both: See what people do and imagine what they _could_
> do.

+1

> > yes; we're working on the minimal product right now .. which is actually
> > already pretty non-minimal, thankfully :)
>
> In some areas, yes. But I'm not sure if it has what's needed in all
> important areas.

it doesn't; i know that because i run into such issues fairly regularly.

> To me Contour and the activities are an interesting concept offering many
> possibilities, but since it offers a pretty different workflow from what
> people are used to, we'll have to see or how it supports the user stories
> particularly of tablet users. And I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few
> places to improve coming up which we haven't even thought of yet. But that's

i'm 100% convinced that you are correct here; it's nearly impossible to bring
something like this out in a first release and nail it 100% in every way, or
have all possible uses of it enabled.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se