List:       kde-active
Subject:    marching towards 1.0
From:       notmart () gmail ! com (Marco Martin)
Date:       2011-08-12 15:38:23

Hi all,

Desktop summit is over and thanks also to the exopc giveout we had a
first extensive testing of plasma active/contour with quite a lot of
feedback, and what comes out of it is:

* Many people love it
* Is generally preferred to meego tablet (tough the installed one is very old)
* people still manage too easily to "break" it
* the biggest missing thing is polishing on details

1.0 will be in october, that means we have 2 months to get it reeally smooth.
we defined some of the most important things:

* contour will be the default one and only interface, all moved to the
plasma-mobile repository (the contour repo would get basically
deprecated when the recommandations backend finally moves in the
activity manager)
* the recommendations manager has to really get in shape
* a lot of papercuts, see: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Tasks

a lot of work ahead of us, hopefully together with some of the
entusiastic people at DS

Comments, suggestions?

Cheers,
Marco Martin