List:       kde-active
Subject:    GLES sources?
From:       sebas () kde ! org (Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?=)
Date:       2011-06-28 20:46:54

Thanks Thomas and Arjen,

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 13:31:05 Arjen Hiemstra wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2011 11:35:39 Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> > Where can I find suitable source code for OpenGL-ES? I'm trying to build
> > kde- workspace using it, but need opengl-es packages first. I've strolled
> > around the web for it, but it's entirely unclear to me what tarball
> > exactly I want, and where to get it.
> >
> > Thanks for any hint :)
>
> There is not really a single codebase for GLES, since it is only an API
> specification. Mesa is usually the best source to look through in regards
> to finding out about OpenGL stuff, since it is - as far as I know - the
> only open source GL implementation.
>
> For OpenGLES they apparently generate the code from the existing OpenGL
> sources, as
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/mesa/SConscript#n338
> would indicate. I think your best bet for a GLES package would be to take
> the Mesa specfile and modify it to build mesa with the GLES options on.

I've had a look at the Mesa package in openSUSE. Much to my surprise, it
already has the GLES features enabled, in the .spec file at least. The
corresponding shared objects don't seem to get installed, and the package also
doesn't build as it is right now. I'll have to do some more digging.

Thanks for the tips so far =)
--
sebas