List:       kde-active
Subject:    testing multitouch?
From:       sebas () kde ! org (Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?=)
Date:       2011-06-28 14:47:45

Hi Arjen,

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 13:33:54 Arjen Hiemstra wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2011 13:25:33 Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> > How can I test if my system supports multitouch? I thought the Picture
> > Frame plasmoid would support it, but is that out of the box? I've built
> > Qt packages which, in principle, might work, but am lacking a way to
> > find out if they do.
> >
> > So, any small test I can do to find out if it works?
>
> Your best bet is to try the Qt Examples for touch events and gestures. I
> cannot precisely recall where they are, but I think it was
> examples/gestures/  and examples/touch/ . On MeeGo, at least, these can be
> then be found on /usr/lib/qt/

Thanks for the tip. The openSUSE Qt packages are built without examples
though, but I can probably take the code of the examples and build it on the
device to test. I was actually about to do that, until I read Marco's email
that I can also find out with what's already installed (marble, plasma
webbrowser).

Thanks,
--
sebas