List:       kde-active
Subject:    Contour Design Concept - Activity Switcher
From:       sebas () kde ! org (Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?=)
Date:       2011-06-20 12:13:36

On Monday, June 20, 2011 13:54:23 Fania J?ck wrote:
> > as for the configuration icon, i can put it either in the activity screen
> > itself or in the thumbnail of the current activity (for a limitation it
> > can't be positioned in others, that kinda makes sense since wouldn't be
> > possible to see the changes immediately)
>
> I would put all those edit-icons, that are changing the whole activity,
> only in the switcher to clearly distinguish the actions "with" the
> activity (like delete, duplicate and configure) and "within" the
> activity (add, remove resources etc). With thumbnail you mean the
> activity-thumbnail-image in the switcher, I suppose? (We really need to
> create reliable wording for our elements, it looks like everyone uses
> different one, I get mixedup a bit :)...) Then for me that sounds good.

Agree, it would also move the "configure activity" button (which is currently
in the Applet strip right in the center) out of the way, so an activity
containment only has to care about its own specifics (but not things such as
activity name or wallpaper). That's a good thing, as it leads to more
consistent activity configuration (and the possibility to do it for those that
don't have their own configure activity button at all).

Cheers,
--
sebas