List:       kde-active
Subject:    Active/Contour activity browsing
From:       notmart () gmail ! com (Marco Martin)
Date:       2011-05-11 14:44:11

On Tuesday 10 May 2011, Fania J?ck wrote:
>  From a concept part we could work together here - what makes sense,
> what would be the useful information for the user etc. I started a list
> for resource types recently in my UI documentation - for me there is
> also the question of clustering types (not technical types, but logical
> groups for the user). This is open for discussion...
>
>     *
>
>       Resources can be:

>             Files (like PDF, OpenOfficeWriter Documents, Images, html
>             sites ...)
>
>             tasks?

this categorization seems to quite make sense, and from what i get from shared
desktop ontologies, they do try to categorize things in a logical way as
opposed to just technical as it would be for usual "mime types"

what could be missing right now if i understood correctly is applications (if
i index desktop files they end up under FileDataObject category)

the other categories present now, like presentations, or text documents seem
to make sense to me from an user pov (just an issue of where pulling
translations of those names)

--
Marco Martin