List:       kde-active
Subject:    Plasma Active on openSUSE
From:       sebas () kde ! org (Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?=)
Date:       2011-04-09 1:39:34

Hi opensuse-kde :),

As some of you know, we've been working on non-desktop UIs in #plasma and
#opensuse-kde for a while, with very nice results. I've put together a blog
post about Plasma Active, and a bunch of wiki pages the name we've given this
effort.

http://vizzzion.org/blog/2011/04/plasma-active-a-desirable-user-experience-
encompassing-the-device-spectrum/
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active

I have Plasma Active running on a nice tablet here, and it pretty much rocks
(buggy, but still). To make it rock even more (and bring it to an end-user
ready thing), there's some more work involved. I've detailed what needs to be
done on:

http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Tasks#openSUSE

If you find this project interesting, please help us making Active a success.
We're already a pretty determined team, but not strong enough yet to develop
its full potential.

Will has started moving the stuff which resided in my home project to a new
one, KDE:Active, which will be our working base. (You can find more details
about the workflow of development, deployment and testing on the Wiki, under
Development). We're planning to get two-weekly snapshot images out, and
regularly updated packages from master for people to test and quickly see
their results deployed.

Special thanks go out to tittiatcoke and wstephenson for helping me get these
packages working. You guys rock :-)

Cheers,
--
sebas