List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: How to configure Qtspeech - actually configuring speech-dispatcher
From:       Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-09-27 2:32:40

Hi Gustav,

Just out of curiosity, which distribution and version of linux are you
using?

To answer your question though, crontab is an application that runs things
at different times on a unix based system. crontab -e is a command to edit
the cron table of commands. Running crontab -e and adding the line you
mentioned:

@restart /usr/bin/festival --server

will make festival --server run at each boot of the computer I believe.

Hope that helps. Another possibility according to arch linux's wiki
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Festival#Can't_open_/dev/dsp is to add
some lines to the festival configuration to allow it to open the /dev/dsp

BR,
Jeremy