List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [orca-list] Accessibility in Plasmas new notification system, QAccessible doesnt provide "NOTIFI
From:       Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs () igalia ! com>
Date:       2019-06-06 14:28:40

Cool. Thanks! So.... According to [1], QAccessible::HelpBalloon maps to
ATSPI_ROLE_DIALOG. That was the only real candidate to me from your
temp-workaround list. But a dialog should emit window events and one of
its children should claim focus. So I don't see that as being an option
for this problem.

That said, is a HelpBalloon really a dialog? (i.e. a window-like thing
with child widgets which claim focus) If it's not, is there any chance
it's more like a notification? (i.e. something which pops up to display
info without actually claiming focus). If the answer is yes, it's more
like a notification, then perhaps the fix is to change that mapping. If
the answer is no, then.... I got nothing (other than to add a new
notification role to QAccessible::Role).

--joanie

[1]
https://github.com/qt/qtbase/blob/1269f9cd16485d0081f5027ffec914bcb696f658/src/platformsupport/linuxaccessibility/bridge.cpp#L182