List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] KDE and Rrca
From:       Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-05-07 10:18:49

Tirsdag 6. mai 2014 21.48.09 skrev Hunter Jozwiak:
> Hi all. I am running an Arch Linux box, with Gnome and KDE. I
> installed KDE, because my research leads me to believe that the Orca
> screenreader works with it. I did set the qt_accessibility variable to
> one, and rebooted. I selected KDE from the session list, but ... no
> speech. What do I need to do next?

Hi, one minor thing: make sure the variable is all upper case, otherwise it
will not work.

In general, in a KDE session you would have to start Orca explicitly, it won't
run automatically I think.
Also note that KDE accessibility is still lacking currently, I expect Plasma
Next, the next big iteration of the desktop to be much better in that regard.

I would recommend as a first step to test KDE applications in a session where
you have working accessibility.

Greetings,
Frederik