List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] [Accessibility] Plan for making QT
From:       Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-08 18:53:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Pineiro,

One thing has changed.  Mark moved the git repo to gitorious.
qt-atspi2-bridge is now at git://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi
Otherwise, you are correct.

Regards,
Jeremy

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Piņeiro <apinheiro@igalia.com> wrote:

> From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi.  I've pinged Nokia/Trolltech, but got no response.  Basically, is
> > time to move forward with making QT applications accessible through
> > at-spi2.  I don't know of any current effort in this area.  It also is
> > not clear whether the correct approach is to make a plugin for at-spi2
> > so that it can understand QT's unfinished IA2 interface that is only
> > available on Linux, or if it makes more sense to convert that
> > interface into a standard d-bus based ATK interface.
>
> There are already work in progress about it. Mark Doffman is working
> in a qt-atspi2-bridge, a equivalent to gnome atk-atkspi2-bridge, but
> using (AFAIK) those IA2 interfaces.
>
> Jeremy Whiting (jpwhiting) talked about it in a blog post [1], and
> pointed to the current qt-atspi2-bridge repository [2], right now
> hosted by codethink.
>
> > If anyone knows how to contact the guys at Nokia/Trolltech let me
> > know.  If you have thoughts on how to get this project started, or how
> > it should be done from a technical point of view, let me know.  I'm
> > personally hoping we can find volunteers to do this work.
>
> As I said, right now the "man" to get in contact about this issue is Mark
> Doffman.
>
> [1] http://jpwhiting.blogspot.com/2010/02/state-of-free-accessibility.html
> [2] https://labs.codethink.co.uk/index.php/p/qt-atspi2/
>
> ===
> API (apinheiro@igalia.com)

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Pineiro,<br><br>One thing has changed.  Mark moved the git repo to gitorious.  \
qt-atspi2-bridge is now at git://<a \
href="http://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi">gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi</a> \
class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Piņeiro <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:apinheiro@igalia.com">apinheiro@igalia.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; \
                border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
From: Bill Cox &lt;<a \
href="mailto:waywardgeek@gmail.com">waywardgeek@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br> <div \
class="im"><br> &gt; Hi.  I&#39;ve pinged Nokia/Trolltech, but got no response.  \
Basically, is<br> &gt; time to move forward with making QT applications accessible \
through<br> &gt; at-spi2.  I don&#39;t know of any current effort in this area.  It \
also is<br> &gt; not clear whether the correct approach is to make a plugin for \
at-spi2<br> &gt; so that it can understand QT&#39;s unfinished IA2 interface that is \
only<br> &gt; available on Linux, or if it makes more sense to convert that<br>
&gt; interface into a standard d-bus based ATK interface.<br>
in a qt-atspi2-bridge, a equivalent to gnome atk-atkspi2-bridge, but<br>
using (AFAIK) those IA2 interfaces.<br>
Jeremy Whiting (jpwhiting) talked about it in a blog post [1], and<br>
pointed to the current qt-atspi2-bridge repository [2], right now<br>
hosted by codethink.<br>
&gt; If anyone knows how to contact the guys at Nokia/Trolltech let me<br>
&gt; know.  If you have thoughts on how to get this project started, or how<br>
&gt; it should be done from a technical point of view, let me know.  I&#39;m<br>
&gt; personally hoping we can find volunteers to do this work.<br>
Mark Doffman.<br> <br>
[1] <a href="http://jpwhiting.blogspot.com/2010/02/state-of-free-accessibility.html" \
target="_blank">http://jpwhiting.blogspot.com/2010/02/state-of-free-accessibility.html</a><br>
 [2] <a href="https://labs.codethink.co.uk/index.php/p/qt-atspi2/" \