List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] Two different approaches to plasmoids (was
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2008-11-19 13:13:17

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 13:51:07 Diego Moya wrote:

Thank you very much for your comment, I won't answer, because I rather
agree with everything you wrote. However... ;-)

> I suggest  checking each of your proposals and
> arguments against these two extreme target users:
> 1- The non-programmer power user
> 2- The KDE core developer

Maybe I explain here one more thing -- I was not concerned about
regular-user vs. power-user vs. developer. I was concerned about the
main principle (violation here) of the design:

Correct steps of design:
problem -> features -> interface -> implementation

Now, plasma look for me like this:
theory -> implementation -> interface -> features -> problem

It is not an irony, it comes from the fact that I don't hear a lot of
arguing about efficiency, accessibility but immediate backing up by
referring to doctrine "X is not... ;-)".

So, it is rather even lower level. _What is the aim_?

> Our efforts should go in that direction instead of criticizing the
> overall approach followed till now in the Plasma project. I think
> Aaron has sometime in his blog asked for help to develop this
> vision?

Currently I can only be involved at the reporting level. And I
proposed (imho) pretty nice solutions to make plasma more accessible.
Even if I would send the patches, they would be "incompatible" with
the current theory. It is hard to help if someone refuses help (I am
not complaining here, I am just stating the fact).

Cheers,