Hi Willie! Thanks for your extensive and well-worded summary. I agree that it is necessary to have cooperation between screen readers and self-voicing applications, I am glad to hear that you also plan to support SpeechDispatcher. We cannot implement speech support in every applications, so screen readers are extremely important to have. At the same time, some users prefer self-voicing applications because screen readers by their nature lack GUI integration with the applications. I don't see this as an either/or - we need both. Olaf -- Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of http://accessibility.kde.org/ and http://www.amen-online.de/ _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility