List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    Re: [Kde-accessibility] KDE4 proposal: Paths in i18n strings
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2006-07-03 10:50:04

On Monday 03 July 2006 08:00, Jarosław Staniek wrote:> Hello,> This is a result of \
my discussion with Chusslove Illich> <caslav.ilic@gmx.net> on paths for i18n \
strings:>> http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?KDE4TODOs_PathsInI18n \
Nice. I have been thinking about this as well, although from a slightly different \
perspective: In many scenarios, especially the more technical ones, one needs to \
display identifiers and names in i18n'd text. My big issue with doing that is \
consistency. Should one use double quotes around the terms? Or single quotes? No \
quotes at all? Etc. To make KLocalizedString aware of types like QDir seems to solve \
the problem of paths, but how does one achieve the same improvement for other \
strings? What is it people generally inserting with %N, and what can be done for \
making it consistent? I'm thinking of something like an enum that tells what kind of \
"role" or "type" a certain insert-string has. Although I don't know how that should \
play together with the i18n calls.

Cheers,
		Frans_______________________________________________kde-accessibility mailing \