On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:10, Willie Walker wrote: > Hi Gary: > In other words, this mysterious GVOKian thing would interface > directly with a speech recognition engine and drive/interact with > applications via the AT-SPI. Yes. That's what I had in mind. > Having said that, our engine choices on the Linux desktop are rather > slim. Sphinx-3{.3} can get you some places, but it's only going to > have dictation-style grammars and not the annotated BNF-style > grammars that are typically used for command and control. Sphinx-4 > will get you both n-Gram and CFG grammars, but it is in Java, which > seems to cause a curious allergic reaction around these parts. In > addition, their performance/accuracy need work to make them truly > viable interactive desktop engines. Other options have licensing > hairballs. Hmm, I have the allergy you mention.. -- Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad) KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/index.php _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility