Greetings; A gentle reminder that our Jan 31 deadline for comments is quickly approaching -- The Free Standards Group Accessibility (FSGA) team needs your help to insure our standards are appropriate and complete. These specification documents provide for a basic level of keyboard accessibility support users will be able to expect from any FSG certified Linux based computing platform. Feedback is definetly encouraged and welcome. Keyboard Access Functional Specification: http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/xkbdreview.html Generic Assertions for Manual Testing: http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/assertsreview.html Earl Johnson, FSGA-KBD Committee Chair Earl.JohnsonSun.COM Janina Sajka, FSGA Chair janinaFreeStandards.Org -------- Original Message -------- December 18, 2005 The Free Standards Group Accessibility Workgroup (FSGA) works to develop standards supporting comprehensive access to information and user interfaces for persons with disabilities on computing platforms which adopt free and open standards (such as Linux, AIX, and Solaris). The FSGA standards process is open to interested members of industry, developer, and consumer communities. Obtaining public comment on our proposed standards before they are finalized is one of the most important steps in our process. Public review helps ensure our standards are both relevant and complete. DETAILS: We are now requesting comment on the following specifications produced by our Keyboard Access Team (FSGA-kbd) [1]. These specifications are expected to become FSG standards in 2006. * Keyboard Access Functional Specification, RC1 This specification defines keyboard access assistive technology features and the functionality an FSG certified platform must provide in support of accessibility. * Generic Assertions for Manual Testing, RC1 This specification describes how to validate that an implementation of the functional specification is correctly implemented. Once these specifications become FSG standards, they will define the keyboard access functionality a user can expect from an FSG certified computer system. HOW TO SEND FEEDBACK: You may respond through bugzilla using the appropriate URL below or by sending email to the address below. The preferred method for receiving feedback is via the web because it automatically logs your feedback in our tracking system without additional human intervention. If possible, only use the email method if you have troubles using the below URLs. See [2] below for guidance on how to Search bugzilla for other's comments. Keyboard Access Functional Specification: http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/xkbdreview.html Generic Assertions for Manual Testing: http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/assertsreview.html Review feedback alias and specification [if all else fails]: * accessibility-rfc@freestandards.org * http://accessibility.freestandards.org/a11yspecs/kbd/ REVIEW TIME PERIOD: Please provide your comments on these draft specifications no later than midnight, 24:00 UTC, Wednesday, January 31, 2005. On behalf of FSGA, and especially the FSGA-kbd team, we thank you for your assistance. Earl Johnson, FSGA-KBD Committee Chair Earl.JohnsonSun.COM Janina Sajka, FSGA Chair janinaFreeStandards.Org NOTES: [1] - The following Mousekeys functionality will be removed from the final version of both specifications. It is being removed because it turns out the functionality can not be made user settable. To be removed: "2.2. Pointer step size (aka initial jump)." [2] - Search on the terms "keyboard" or "keyboard generic" to call up a list of all review feedback for the "Keyboard Access Functional Specification" and "Generic Assrtions for Manual Tests" documents respectively. Visit the following page for more Help on how to search the Bugzilla web site. http://bugs.freestandards.org/quicksearch.html _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility