List:       kde-accessibility
Subject:    [Kde-accessibility] Question: How can I improve my app
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-04 19:05:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello

I am the author of Kalzium (kdeedu) and have no idea about accessibility. I
was asked on IRC to improve the situation for it to help some people who are
handicapped.

To get an idea what Kalzium is have a look at this picture.

http://ixcp.cip.biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de/niehaus/kalziumfeature.png

One idea I have to help people with problems with hand-eye-coordination is to
have something like minicli (the "ALT-F2"-thing of KDE). You enter eg. 72 and
press enter and Kalzium reacts like on a mouseclick. Perhaps this can be done
with Ctrl-up 72 Ctrl-down.

But there are probably a million things I could improve if you give me some
hints.

Please CC me for answers.

Carsten
--
 Zebras are colored with dark stripes on a light background.