On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 13:04, Bill Haneman wrote: ... > Of course Festival _can_ do more; the main reason I suggested Festival > for "simple" use rather than complex purposes is that the Festival APIs > for complex use are less well documented and a little less familiar. > (Basically you have an API using the Scheme language, or poorly > documented C++ festival APIs). As long as you can get by using the > basic festival_server interface, I agree that festival is a good choice, > and you avoid the Java dependency. I would add here that when I called Java "more familiar", I mean that Java is familar to more people than Scheme. I would recommend flite over Festival for any sophisticated project at this time, despite the fact that Festival is included with most linux distros, as a better choice for active development. It probably doesn't matter for the original poster's purposes, as it sounds as though reading a text file and capturing the audio output would suffice. - Bill _______________________________________________ kde-accessibility mailing list kde-accessibility@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-accessibility